The Great Musical Launch of the Second Creature Book

Creatures Give Advice Agian and it's warmer now was out on 21 June.

It's all about summer. It was my way of keeping a bit of the summer, so really it's a lot like jam. Also it has an index, that's sort of like a poem, even though it is also an index.

It was launched on 31 August, amid much merriment. The good people of Twitter contributed the music:
Bohemian Rhapsody played on a fairground organ (contributed by Marsha Adams (@marshawritesit)
And this was my response















And then Maureen Docherty (@mordoc1) put this one on:
Response:


Happiness is a good thing to have at a launch, so this song was great to listen to (with thanks to Tim Warren @fFredTweetzsche)

And the response was:











Next came this piece from Sarah Allen Reed (@SarahAllenReed)  . It's not for the faint-hearted, but Creatures are brave (there used to be secret concerts in the Thicket that they used to sneak into, back when humans came in and out.


So here's the response:
By the way, if you want to see Sarah's work as well as my illustrations, have a look at Diametric. It's a great project and the proceeds go to RAICES:


Speaking of heavy stuff, MG (@abertawe_mg) recommended Slayer's "Dead Skin Mask" performed by Twinkle Twinkle Little Rock Star

Response:



 I am quite proud of this one. Also, I really miss MG on Twitter.















Monique was thinking of her doorbell, and The White Stripes-My Doorbell


The Creatures' reaction to this surprised me:



By the way I didn't really put them in the order they were played at the launch, because the first one was actually suggested by Alexis Hunter (@casnarrative) :


And the response was



Oh it was a great launch (if only somewhat melancholy because summer was ending and stuff), and there was great food. I mean truly great pies, provided by fabuluos people: truly great pies, provided by fabulous people

And I hope there will be more launches and more books to celebrate, let me leave you with
this fabulous picture of Creatures under a tree taken by Tamsin S. (@teabeesea)


And here are teh links to buy the book:
(Also available in other markets)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I learned from Publishing a Paperback with Amazon

A Poem in Honour of the Creatures by Monique

Road not-taken