Pictures from the Launch


The launch started at around noon. It was nice to see that so many people came to support the book.





Of course it was a shame that the person selling the books was facing the wrong way.

But, you can still buy it as an e-book here.



Stuff happened: hedgehogs and the sea and dragons

The book is also available as a paperback.

Most people like it as a paperback, even though it's not water- or dragon-proof.




Then I felt that I needed talk about my childhood.
I am not sure why, but here I am as a small child, in Zglevia.

By the way if you want to find out where Zglevia used to be and what happened to it, I wrote about it in this story: On the Proper Use of Mosquitoes, Twist in Time Magazine Issue 1. (It is a bit sad).

Drinks were being passed around, and people kept saying very nice things to me. (Like this review, for instance, by Alan Vincent Michaels )

The party went on for a while. I was so happy to see AndrĂ© Lepine  from the wonderful Elephants Never. His article on Creatures Give Advice is a joy to read, even if you don't like the book. 
Monique composed a poem. Marsha wrote a song, and a great singer I know performed it. There were also limericks. 

I got a bit merry and told the following story: 

As a child I kept drawing chickens... all the time.

As a teenager I wasn't quite myself.



I was sort of lost in the world which seemed like not my world.




Now I'm way happier.

It rains a lot, but I've learnt to rely on magical horses and very dark rivers.

Anyway, the launch was fabulous. It was hard to go to bed, and it went on for three days. And even when I had to do real world stuff, it felt a bit like this


And then I thanked everyone, for being so cool and supportive, and so amazingly seriously and kindly silly. 
That's me in my house, thanking everyone!

And here are the books:



And the Amazon UK link with even more wonderful reviews: 

Right now I am working on a new book, which, unlike this wintry one, is all about spring, as well as sadness, traffic lights, story-telling, and King John's favourite food.
I am hoping to publish it on 21 June. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I learned from Publishing a Paperback with Amazon

Road not-taken

A Poem in Honour of the Creatures by Monique